Monday, February 29, 2016

Sketchbook Favorites!

Hey everyone!
I am really surprised it took me so long to get through this sketchbook!;) Almost four months! Wow!
But around last week, I finished the last page of it, and immediately started one of my other sketchbooks, the epic Star Wars one from THIS POST.
If you don't remember my last Sketchbook Favorites post, then the gist of it is that I go through my latest sketchbook and pick my favorite drawings out of it and share it in a post.:) Some drawings you may have seen before, others have never been shared!:)
I had a hard time choosing my favorites in order, so like I said in the last Sketchbook Favorites, they are all my favorites, but some are just a smidgen bit better to me.;)
I hope you enjoy!
1-
My Kylo Ren drawing.:)
He took me forever to draw (and I have to admit I was getting antsy), but I love how he turned out. When I finished him, a spark of love for shading burst inside me and it's been on ever since.;) 
2-
Another Star Wars drawing, this time a Resistance character, Poe!:)
He was so fun to draw although I was really worried when I started doing his shading that he would end up looking ancient.XD But I'm relieved that he turned out looking normal!:D 
3-
This drawing was one of the first in the sketchbook, and it ignited a whole story that I have started.:) I am not currently writing it since I have another story I am aiming all of my writing time to, but it is waiting to be continued as soon as I finish my current Work In Progress.:D 
4-
A colored in Rey!
It took me a long time to actually get to finishing this drawing, but I am so glad I finally did it!:D She was so fun to shade, even if her eyes look a little dark as if she needs a bit more sleep at night.XD 
5-
This was a sketch of Angelina Jolie in her role as Maleficent. I never finished anything other than the actual pencil drawing, that's why things aren't perfect, yet I really like it though.:) 
6-
This was another sketch that I titled "Early Morning Art". It's another incomplete drawing, but I like it regardless.:D 
7-
This boy has shown up before, and he's showing up again! I guess the reason I like him enough to put him in my sketchbook favorites might be his hair. I have a heck of a time with coming up with new hair styles for guys that look good, so I really liked his hair.:) 
8-
The last drawing for this post!:)
I had so much fun shading this drawing and it was a different setting than I am used to, so I thought it would be a good candidate for this post. I almost didn't add it because it didn't turn out how I had planned, concerning the fact that I had originally intended for her to be sitting in a chair, but things turned out that a chair wasn't going to work for her arm position, so I improvised.;) But I added it nonetheless.:)
***
I hope you enjoyed seeing my favorites, which ones are your favorite?:)
-Emma-
(I also want to add that I in no way want these posts to sound like I am bragging. I am completely aware that any talent I have with my drawing is God given and not of myself.:))
 

16 comments:

  1. I love all your drawings! They're great! And yes you do have a wonderful God given talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great drawing Emma! You have been given amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kylo Ren drawing, tho! :O Amazing!

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fabulous! Kylo Ren is my favorite out of all the drawings, probably. And the shading on Poe's face is superb. It looks very... well, human! I'm still working on making my people look like PEOPLE. You know what I mean? ;)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!:D LOL! Yeah, I do know what you mean! Sometimes it's one of the hardest things to do even if it sounds like one of the easiest!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. Oh, by the way - what colored pencils do you use? Thank you! :)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, hehe. I literally have this giant bag of random, mixed colored pencils that I use. I really don't know what kinds they all are.:D I just use what I have.;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Lol, okay! Thanks anyway. ;)

      ~Lizzy

      Delete
  6. I LOVE SEEING YOUR SKETCH BOOK! and number 7 is one of my faves! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making these posts, they are some of my favorites!:D Thanks again!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  7. Number 8 and 1 are my favs. You're so good at drawing, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your drawings are GORGEOUS! I love number 5!
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete