Sunday, February 7, 2016

How to Draw Rey - A Tutorial

Hi everyone! I am here with my tutorial!:D
If you are recreating this I have two things to say. Here is the picture I used as a guide if you want it for yourself.:)
And next, very important, DRAW VERY LIGHTLY! I didn't draw this perfectly at the beginning, so at the end I had to erase some things.;) So that being said, draw lightly so that no permanent marks mar your finished drawing.:)
(Drawing lightly is something I have yet to master...XD)

Okay, let's start the tutorial!:D
 
I started off with a light circle for her head. A circle is always a good start for making your head, but make sure it's light because it won't be staying for the finished product.:) 
Next I added little bumps for her cheek bones. 
Now add downward lines to the bumps that are going inwards slightly for her jaw. 
From the ends of those lines I drew the bottom of her jaw and chin, making sure that her chin is round and realistic. If you need a little help, you can look at the picture and use that as a guide.
I used a ruler to make sure her cheekbones and jaw points are straight. Then, also using the ruler, I put a light line down the center of her face to make sure her face stays centered.:) 
Here's what it looks like.:) 
Next I added her hair, which is basically a big bump on her head with all of these little bumps on her temples. (I know things look sort of cock-eyed, but I think my camera was tilted.XD) 
For her curls just make little waves.:D I also added ears, the top of the ears should be where the circle ends in her hair.:)
Next I added her eyes after I erased the circle of her head. You may want to make your Rey's left eye be slightly farther to the left. 
I added half circles inside her eyes. 
Next I drew the shine to her eyes, mini ovals.:) 
Continuing with her eyes, I drew the bottom of her eyebrows, making the right one slightly tilted and the other one straight with a small, barely noticeable curve at the end for the arch of her eyebrow, because it's natural even if her eyebrow is scrunched straight.:) 
I finished the top of her eyebrows, as you can see.:) 
I drew her pupils.
After that, I drew her eye creases and super light tiny squint-y lines under her eyes.:) 
Connecting to her eyebrows, I drew the bridge of her nose. 
Her nose was really hard for me, but although it may look sort of funny without anything else, it works in the long run.:) You can make her nose by starting with two squashed circles for her nose holes, with only a little bit of space in between. Then you draw the curves of the outside of her nose.:) 
Starting her mouth, you draw a line that tilts downwards at both of the ends. Then a thin top lip, and a long "D" shaped bottom lip.:) 
This is where I had made a mistake. I had made her chin a little too long, so I erased it, but it ended up being slightly too short. Oh, well.;P 
I drew her neck, then her shoulders, adding the bumps of her wrap. I then made her shirt's neckline- a "V" and then that little indent.;) 
She also has her collar bones, which are super simple to draw, and her rounded "V" at the bottom of them. I put a short line on her neck to add a touch of her neck tendons.;) 
Then I drew the tab on her shirt neck line, finished her wrap, arms and chest.:) 
And TA-DA!;) Rey is finished! Oh wait- 
Add her little lines in her hair.;)
And then it's all done! I hope you liked the tutorial, although it might not be the best.:)
***
I'm almost done with my Glazed drawing, so that should be ready to be posted soon!:D
-Emma-
Who next do you want to see a tutorial for?:) Poe, Finn, Kylo Ren, BB-8, Han Solo, Leia, Darth Vader, which character from Star Wars do you want?:D

26 comments:

  1. Oooh! That is so cool! Rey looks amazing! :D
    I would LOVE to see BB-8. :)
    I saw a cute little BB-8 Hot Wheels car at Hobby Lobby the other day, and I thought of you and Jaclynn! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking I'll do a BB-8 tutorial since he's the overwhelming request.;) Aw, that's so cool! I actually am not a fan of BB-8 because Jaclynn made me dislike him because of all of her constant fan girling over him!XD Then I made her not like Kylo Ren after all of MY fan girling, so at least we're even!;D
      -Emma-
      P.S. Jaclynn is so crazy about BB-8 she even made a song. It makes me insane!XD

      Delete
    2. HA! I love BB-8 too. :D He's so awesome they should make a movie all about him. (With Jaclynn's song included...) :D Wouldn't that be nice? :) XD
      -Catlover02

      Delete
    3. LOL about Jaclynn's song! XD
      *gasp* You don't like BB-8?!? I haven't even seen TFA, and I think he's SO cute! ;)

      Delete
    4. Catlover02-
      LOL! That would be an interesting movie!XD I'm sure Jaclynn would freak out if she heard her ditty in a Star Wars movie.XD
      Clara-
      Well, if Jaclynn hadn't made me sick of him with all of her fan girling then I am sure I would at least like him, but now I don't like him.;) I think he's cute, but I don't understand why people are freaking out over him.XD LOL! Call me crazy if you must.;) I think I am warming up about him slowly though so you can put down your torches and pitch forks.;D LOL! JK!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    5. LOL! Okay.... *sets down pitchfork* XD

      Delete
    6. Clara- That is amazing! XD
      Emma- Actually, I hated Kylo Ren before you even liked him. You didn't make me not like him, your obsession for him just made it worse XD Well, actually, I've always hated him the same... What I don't like is that you like him! LOL! XD
      Catlover02- YESS!!! A BB-8 MOVIE WOULD BE AMAZING!!! And it can start at the beginning of his life- when he's still a bunch of parts waiting to be put together to turn him into the loyal, lovable, adorable little droid he is! :D (Sorry, for my fangirling again, Cookie XD )
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
  2. Yay! Thank you for doing this! I really like the tutorial and your drawing. :)
    I vote for Han Solo next (preferably the younger version). I can never get his hair right! :) And BB-8, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you!:) I'm thinking I'm going to make a tutorial series for each movie, so I'll do TFA now then go on to the original trilogy then prequel trilogy.:) So, BB-8 is up next!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. This was a really good tutorial! I need to try it ASAP.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathryn! I'm so glad you're going to try it out!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  4. Awesome TUTORIAL! hmmmmmmm, FINN! AND BB-8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My next TFA tutorial is going to be BB-8!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. Wow! Great job! Looks like those cool drawings from Pinterest!
    Could you draw; BB-8? R2-D2? And maybe characters like Ahsoka, a clone trooper, and some star wars rebels characters? (you don't have to if you don't want to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Awesome suggestions! I'm going to do BB-8 next, and R2-D2 will be somewhere in the original trilogy series!:) Oh, that reminds me! I have a picture of a Rebels drawing to post!:) Would you like Clone Wars Ahsoka or Star Wars Rebels Ahsoka?:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see them!...Um..How about the clone wars Ahsoka? :D

      Delete
  6. I'll be sure to try this soon! You should do Padame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josie!:) Ooh, that would be fun.:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  7. Yes! Yes! BB-8 is up next! Awesome tutorial, Emma. :) It's so easy to follow, but my drawings never end up how they are supposed to... My hand doesn't like to do what my mind tells it to do.
    -Catlover02

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!:D I definitely understand how that is!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent, excellent drawing! I think you've inspired me to do a sketch of Rey - or maybe even a watercolor of her! :)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much, Lizzy!:D I'm glad I inspired you!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  10. Wow! Great drawing I have to try this! Umm either Kylo ren or Finn!
    -KIKI-

    ReplyDelete