Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Glazed Part Eight

Hi everyone!:)
Thank you all for the feedback on the last part! I am really enjoying hearing what you all think!:D
 
Emma placed her last doll into her bag and clasped the latch. She was so excited to see her family again! And she had an idea to share with them too. Emma sat on her bed and waited for someone to come and fetch her. Growing restless, Emma twisted around to the window and stared out. She thought she could see the faint speck of a carriage coming toward the castle, but it was just a smudge of dirt on the glazed window glass. Emma licked her thumb then rubbed it on the glass. The smudge came off but there really was a carriage much closer than that speck would have been.
Emma squealed in excitement and skipped out of her room and down to the court yard where the cookie carriage was coming straight to the gates. She hopped up and down excitedly and waited for the King and Queen of Donuts and 'Dee' to come to the court yard. Thinking of the king and queen, Emma remembered how weirdly they had acted when she woke up. They had asked her the same questions about how she had felt and what she remembered about last night over and over, it had made her laugh. The king and queen did appear from the castle and glided next to her. A servant with Emma's bags followed them.
“Where's Dee?” Emma questioned, glancing around.
They shared a look and, frowning, said that she was busy starting her first day of studying and classes.
Emma frowned and looked up to where Jaclynn's room's window was sealed tight. Through the glazed window panes she could make out Jaclynn's round face and bouncy hair. She wasn't doing her studies, so why wasn't she down here to say goodbye?
The carriage scampered through the gates, pulled by chocolate horses, and stopped in front of the trio. The king, queen, and princess exited from the doors.
Emma screamed with joy and flew to her family and embraced them, taking in their Cookie scent.
“How did you like it here? Did you have fun? Did you make friends with Jaclynn?” her mom asked Emma and Emma nodded vigorously.
“I call her Dee now and we are best friends! I wanted to see if I could come next year and make this a yearly thing,” Emma explained her idea to her family. They nodded and smiled.
“I think that could be arranged!” Her father said and went to go talk to the King and Queen of Donuts. She watched as they spoke. The King and Queen's eyes opened wide and their lips turned up in thin smiles, but their eyes were scared when her dad explained Emma's idea. Their eyes darted to each other and to Jaclynn's window and Emma's brow furrowed. They nodded their heads but it seemed like a forced movement. Soon, Emma's father came back with a smile on his face.
“They said that they would love to have you next year!” He cried and Emma clapped her hands in joy. She scurried to the King and Queen of Donuts and smiled warmly.
“Thank you for everything! 'Til next year, and the next, and the next!” Emma laughed and hopped joyfully to the carriage and followed her family into it. The coachman snapped the reins and the horses twisted back out of the gate and towards the Cookie Kingdom. Emma stuck her head out of the window and waved her hand to the castle.
You can blow it up to see Jaclynn/Dee better.:)

And there was 'Dee' again, looking mournfully out the castle window.
***
Yay! I think I might take a short break from posting Glazed so I can start drawing my normal pictures again because I'm starting to get a little bored with Cookie and Dee, but I will be back soon, I promise! Probably by Monday I will have a brand new part with drawings and all that! I still will be posting as much as I can, not to worry!:)
Well, I gotta get back to drawing and writing!
-Emma-


10 comments:

  1. Cool! It seems like a cross between your life and Frozen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is! That was the main point of the story, if I never made that clear!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. Poor Dee! This is sad! You're such a great writer, Emma! Also, did I mention I LOVE Cookie's hair? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! LOL! Thank you! I love her/my hair too! But I bet on really hot days the chocolate would smear on her/my hair...;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. LOL! I bet that would get annoying. XD

      Delete
    3. I absolutely love how you drew both Cookie and Dee's hair. I'd love to see more of your drawings!

      Delete
  3. Loved this part! Can't wait for more!

    ~Ms. AGdoll~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo!!! Don't leave me hanging! LOL, just kidding. ;) But seriously, I'm really enjoying every chapter of this story and can't wait for part nine! :)
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yay! I am so glad, Sunny!:) The next part will hopefully be up today!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete