Sunday, November 1, 2015

Best and Worst Day....Ever....*fangirls* + NEVERSEEN LAUNCH PARTY! YAYYY!

Shannon Messenger has a dark side...Shannon Messenger is evil.
Okay, I just had to say that before anything. Because, it is so true and I never knew. Last night was the most soul crushing, gut wrenching night of my life. Well, that's a bit dramatic, but pretty accurate.;)
It was the most incredibly terrible, most wonderful night I have experienced.
Lem'me start at the beginning.
Two days ago, I went to the Neverseen launch party and it was amazing! I got the book earlier then the release date and I finished it in one day and night. It was amazing. I got to just hunker down in my room and HERMIT. I was in Keeper heaven. But then I got to the end of the book...and as pages ran out I was shouting NO! and crying- I knew it! and just plain dying.
That book....has left me at THE WORST CLIFF HANGER I HAVE EVER KNOWN.
Worse than Sherlock, worse than A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
And now I have to wait a year, when she practically left me with nothing but a boat-load of feels.
I could NOT move for five minutes after I finished the book. I was too stunned. I was too heartbroken. And I'm pretty sure I shed a few tears just because I was so much emotional turmoil.XD
But I have to wait a year.
*sigh*
A whole year. ugh.

Okay, well, I think it's time for me to talk about how AMAZING the Neverseen launch party was!
We walked into the Barnes and Noble that was hosting it and I saw this as soon as I walked into the store--
I was so excited and we immediately grabbed a book, then two sketchbooks (YES! I FINALLY GOT MY SKETCHBOOK!) and paid!:) I got a bracelet for the event and since we were there so early, we went and got something to eat then rushed back to the signing.:) 
(This pic is kinda blurry, I don't know why...)
This is the glorious cover. It's been my phone's screen saver since, like, May.XD 
This is me and my sister up front by the table, before anyone really got there, but there was still a cool poster thing! Also, now I really want KEEPER posters!XD 
Then they got everything set up and I took a picture! It looked so cool and I loved the decorations! Everything was green! 
They had a sort of picture booth where you could take pictures of yourself holding up little poster things and "Team fill in blank space" sticks. My sister was confused and so she just grabbed a random person poster (Turns out it was Stina!XD) along with Team Silveny, and I grabbed a Sophie poster and a Team Fitz stick...Oh! Sophie and Fitz...together... I wonder what I meant by that?;P 
After some voting for which team was the best team (I think Team Sophie won, but Team Keefe was a close runner up) and a SUPER fun Q & A (I got so inspired to write!) with Shannon Messenger, we did the actual signing! This picture shows her signing my book and me and my sister grabbing the swag.:) 
Shannon Messenger was so nice and was totally awesome, definitely how I imagined her and she even called me cute!XD Yep, now I can go around in my head and say- "Shannon Messenger called me cute!" over and over and over!XD XD 
They asked us which stamp we wanted, Neverseen or the Black Swan and I said the Black Swan but then Shannon said something like-
"I've just been waiting for someone to ask for both,"
and so we were all like-
"YES! Give us both!"XD So we were the first person in the line to ask for both stamps!:D 
The nice little reminder and her signature!:D 
After we got our things, they gave us the MOST AMAZING MALLOWMELT CUPCAKES! They were delicious and totally tasted like how you would imagine mallowmelt to taste like!:)
 
Now I am going to show you what the swag was!:)-- 
A Silveny pin that I have now pinned onto my purse so all can see that I am a Keeper!:D 
This super epic two sided poster.:) 
On the other side they show the new characters that are in the book, and I thought that if someone is excited to read the book, they wouldn't want to know what they looked like.:) But I will show you all what characters have already shown up.:) This is Stina! I love this picture because it helped me picture her in my head, I couldn't do it very well before.:)
Wylie! I love this drawing of him, he looks so cool!:D 
Aw, little Jensi! He's so cute, but not exactly how I imagined him, but close.:) 
Alvar! Not how I imagined him again, but sort of similar.:) 
An Iggy Has The Blues poster drawn by Shannon Messenger! AH! He's so adorable!:D:D 
And last but not least, two patches! One for Neverseen and one for The Black Swan!:D
***
I had so much fun at the party and I am in love with the book despite how much I hate it at the same time.XD
I hope you liked this post!:D
-Emma-
Have you ever gone to a book signing?:)

 

36 comments:

  1. I've never been to a book signing, but it would be so awesome if I could make it to one! That looks like it was so much fun.
    -peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It was super fun!:) I hope you get to go to one sometime!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. WOW WOW AHH!!! I CAN. NOT. WAIT to read Neverseen!!! Of course Shannon Messenger had to have a cliffhanger! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! YOU WILL DIE!XD I just couldn't handle it! Yeah, literally, the last sentence is just THE WORST CLIFF HANGER!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Lol! Those Mallowmelt cupcakes looks amazing, too! I wish I'd been there!
      PS: You'll never believe it, but I dreamed about you last night! XD XD

      Delete
    3. They were so good! But if you go to Shannon Messenger's Facebook or Pinterest, you can find the recipe and make it yourself!:)
      -Emma-
      PS- AH! That is so awesome!:D

      Delete
    4. I'm gonna have to make those! :) Oh, and I really like your glasses! They are cute. ;D

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you got to meet Shannon Messenger!! And no, I haven't ever been to a book signing. ;( I can't wait till I get to read Neverseen! :D

    -Ms. AGdoll

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read keeper of the lost cities? *shrivels into a corner* Oh ya! I am having a writing contest on my blog Riding In Style! If you want to enter!
    ~Bella~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blinks* *stares at you* YOU ARE WISE TO SHRIVEL AWAY!!!! GO TO THE CORNER OF SHAME AND READ KEEPER AND DONT TALK TO ANYONE UNTIL YOUVE FINISHED!XD LOL! JK! But no, seriously, you have to read Keeper of the Lost Cities.;D I'm thinking about entering!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. You got to go to a Keeper release and afapsODFGJ isuwotpipoewut miuoirfuosdiufoiadfuoiaeudfoadsfoiaudoifuaido!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up 3 of the Neverseen books at the library today. I'll be reading them for the first time! :) I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! YAYYY!!! I hope you love them, they are amazing.:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. You're reading Keeper Of The Lost Cities?!?! AHHH! You will LOVE those books!!!!!!!! :D

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    3. Woah, Clara, I'm shocked you found that comment so quickly, in a post I made forever ago... Did your Keeper senses lead you here?XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    4. LOL! I wish.. *sigh* XD
      Actually, I had signed up to be notified for new comments on this post a while ago, so the comment showed up in my email... :P

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    5. LOL! Oooh! That makes more sense!XD You can still call it Keeper Sense though...XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    6. LOL! Yes, I totally can. XD

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    7. Oh, and every time I come back to this post I'm shocked at how time flies!! It's already May! That means only 5 more month until LODESTAR!!!! :O

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    8. I know right? Soon enough, it's gonna be Christmas again!;D FIVE MORE MONTHS 'TIL LODESTAR, YES!!!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    9. It's crazy, isn't it? :O :D
      LODESTAR CAN NOT COME FAST ENOUGH.

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    10. NO, IT CANNOT!!!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    11. Did I ever tell you that I sewed myself a cape? XD

      Delete
    12. No! I'm jealous! I totally want a cape!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    13. Hehe! XD Capes are amazing!

      Delete
    14. They are! I wish that you could just wear them around in public and not be considered weird... *sigh* LOL!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    15. LOL! XD Maybe I should wear mine in public just to see people's reactions. XD

      Delete
    16. LOL! That'd be hilarious!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    17. It would! XD

      Delete
    18. Boy, you guys have been busy while I was away! I was like, where did my comment go? And look, there it is... wait, what?
      How many books are there overall? I got the newest one (I like how thick it is) the first one about Sophie and Fitz, and the one with I think a horse on the front. ;)

      Delete
    19. LOL! Yeahhhh...XD There are four so far!:) You need to make sure to read them all in order though, each book is definitely not a stand alone!;) I'm so excited that you're reading them!:)
      -Emma-
      P.S. It's actually an alicorn!:)

      Delete
    20. LOL! We got a little carried away.. XD I really hope you enjoy KOTLC!! :D

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    21. I am enjoying it so far.. It's really interesting! :) I do not plan to read Neverseen until I read the red one. ;) I will probably learn their names soon. :)
      I read your thoughts and feelings about the newest book and it makes me really want to read Neverseen to see what happens at the end... But I will resist. Plus, I need to know the whole story first... :)

      Delete
    22. YAY!:D Oh, good!:) The first one doesn't have a separate name other than Keeper of the Lost Cities, the second one is Exile, the third one is Everblaze, the fourth one is Neverseen, and the fifth one coming out in November is called Lodestar! AGH! I AM SO EXCITED!XD LOL! Yeah, you must resist! You can't truly appreciate it unless you've read Everblaze and grasp how serious everything is.XD Enjoy your reading!
      -Emma-

      Delete