Monday, October 17, 2016

Recreating... #3

Hiya, loyal followers and people that don't follow my blog, but stalk loyally...
I've got a new recreations for you!!
*applause* *confetti* *uhhhh...more...celebration...?*
I love doing these, it's so cool to see what I can do better now (and what has remained the same)! Let's get straight on into this recreation!
This is the character that I have wished to recreate. Now, looking at her, you might think that "Oh, from the expression on her face, she looks a little mischievous, but mostly pretty and nice."
Well, when I drew this a year or two ago, I hadn't meant for that...at all...I was drawing her to be a villain! But you can't see that, which is the reasoning behind me redrawing her.
I mean, look at her epic black magic and red tipped wings and tell me she doesn't have potential to be a pretty awesome villain?;)
I didn't have the chance to take a picture as I was drawing the new version because it was nighttime, and I didn't want the pictures to be all dark and yellow and-- *throws up*
So, without further ado, here is the brand new, recreated version of this villain---
Just looking at this drawing, I see so many things I've changed with! First off, look at how her expression is a lot clearer with her evil intent (although she's still beautiful and doesn't look maniacal...;)), but the main thing I see that's different with my technique and style is the realism I have now!
In my original drawing, my woman is a bobble head! And the way her body is angled is awkward...XD It's just so cool to look back and see what's changed... *sigh* I know I've said that before! LOL!
There were some things that I changed concerning the drawing, such as I got rid of the blue in her hair and outfit (I'm still not totally sure if that was a good thing or not), I tweaked her pose a bit, and I also changed her outfit somewhat. I think I like it a lot more than the original.;)
But what's your opinions? Do you like the original or the recreated version better?:)
-Emma-
P.S. Since the book I'm working on for NaNo has winged characters in it, this woman totally inspired a new story in that same world I made for NaNo....XD But I am much too far along in planning and NaNo is much too close for me to change anything... LOL!XD


46 comments:

  1. Oh that's so pretty, Emma! Good job! I just LOVE your drawings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! can't wait to see your story

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm...... I think I like the first one better. :P she looks really cool! :D
    Most crazily, ~Olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's really pretty! The new one is my favorite, but I like the way you did the skirt on the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evy! Yeah, I liked the original skirt as well!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. O.o Wow!!! You drawing style has really changed!! She looks awesome!! :D
    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's totally crazy! Thanks!!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  6. Your drawing has really improved, Emma! I love how she looks. :) And the recreated version is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOAHHH!!! You are SOOO GOOD!! I cannot wait to see more! I love her recreated version!!

    And then, there is just what I have drawn on my blog.. Yea..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGH! Thank you so much!!:D LOL! I'm sure you're a lot better than you say!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. So cool! I really like the recreated version :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate this last bit before NaNo, when other ideas shove in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I refuse to think of anything but my current story idea. NO MORE IDEAS!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  10. Wow! I love the recreated version. She's really cool! :D

    -Clara <3
    P.S: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d7077EVhgUk/WAe-FDbGD5I/AAAAAAAAEU0/BXosMKey2ekjWBixj0eTs6uNce-ucyq6gCLcB/s640/EPP.png
    I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THOSE BROKEN HEART AND CRYING EMOJIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UH HUH. AND IM BEGGING FOR THE KEEFE REDEMPTION

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Clara!
      AGH! NO!!!! NO!!! I JUST- I JUST CANT! *explodes into a fiery ball of feels and scariness and just*
      AA- Definitely. Although I sorta wanna suffer and for him to not come back. It's the writer in me that wants the unhappy ending... *shrugs*
      -Emma-

      Delete
    3. EXACTLY! :0 *whispers to self* 2 more days... just 2 more days..... XD

      Delete
    4. AND NOW IT'S TODAY!!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  11. Hey Emma! I made a new button, and I was wondering if you could update it. You can find it here: https://theupstairsgirl.wordpress.com/button-swap/
    Thanks s'much! :)
    ~Grace <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! It's amazing to see how one's drawing styles improve over the years. We love these posts!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you get to go to the launch party? :D It looked amazing! :o
    I AM CURRENTLY READING LODESTAR

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I did!:D OOH! YAYYYY! I am, too, but I'm only around one hundred pages in!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Wow! Awesome!! I kinda live on the other side of the country sooo... XD
      I'm on chapter 49! THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD. O_O

      Delete
    3. I just finished Lodestar and HELP. O.O

      Delete
    4. I haven't finished it yet. Oh no. I know that someone dies. BUT DON'T TELL ME WHO BECAUSE I NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT MYSELF. I just can't. I'm praying TO GOD it's not Keefe...but...I have my suspicions....O.O
      -Emma-

      Delete
    5. I WON'T TELL YOU. BUT YEAH. SOMEONE DOES. And.. BRACE YOURSELF. *hands you chocolate cause' you'll need it*

      Delete
    6. UGH! I JUST. NO. I CAN'T. I'M SO SCARED.
      -Emma-

      Delete
    7. YOU CAN DO IT! JUST READ REALLY FAST AND GET IT OVER WITH!!

      Delete
    8. Yeah, I'm trying. I'm on chapter sixty-six. I'm feeling shaky I'm so scared. XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    9. GOOOOO EMMA! XD XD

      Delete
    10. Did you finish yet?? :O

      Delete
    11. *SPOILERY COMMENT FOR LODESTAR*


      Yeah, I finished it on the 4th...Ugh...XD JUST I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT FITZ AND SOPHIE NEARLY KISSED!!!!O0O *mind blows* I just wish they had.O.O
      -Emma-

      Delete
    12. YOU MADE IT OUT ALIVE! Phew! *wipes brow*
      Yeah.. LOL. XD
      *more spoilery stuff*
      UGH! Mr. Forkle!!! >:( All the times Sophie asked him something and he said he'd tell her someday... and NOW HE NEVER WILL! *sob*

      Delete
    13. But he SAID that secrets have a way of getting out, so I have a feeling anything he would have told her will still be said, just not by him!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    14. That is true! But it's so sad cause' I always imagined him being the one to tell her who her parents were... :(
      I can't WAIT to see what's in the caches though!! I bet Sophie will be able to open them... :o

      Delete