Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Best Ways to Procrastinate Writing

Hi everyone!
If you're a writer, you know that you procrastinate writing more than you actually write.
At least...I do...XD
So, to help you procrastinators, here are some of my top favorite ways to procrastinate writing----
 
1. WATCH THE YOUTUBE!!!
Guys, I happen to have a crazy YouTube addiction. It's so bad that my sister and I have taken a full week off from YouTube videos. It's torture, but tomorrow is the last day!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH YOUTUBE ON SATURDAY!!! XD
If y'all want some new channels to subscribe to, here are some of my faves-
They're all very clean and I haven't heard any of them swear before. Blimey Cow, Jordan Taylor, and Adler are Christian, Studio C prides themselves on their clean comedy, too. Rhett and Link haven't sworn, but they'll occasionally have VERY mildly suggestive things in passing.;)

2. Make a post about writing!
I do this quite a lot. It's so much easier to make a post saying how hard writing is than actually WRITING, AMMIRITE?;)

3. Pinterest 'til your brain falls out!
I may or may not do this all of the time...BUT IT TECHNICALLY COUNTS AS RESEARCH, RIGHT???

4. Do something masked as "productive"!
You know how it goes- you sit down at your computer and stare at the blinking cursor. Suddenly, everything that you have ever wanted to do before pops into your brain.
HEY! It's been a while since you've played the piano, why not do that for an hour?
HEY! You're falling behind in your German course, go do that!
HEY! Remember how five years ago you had that one fun app on your mom's iPad? GO DOWNLOAD THAT AND PLAY IT UNTIL IT'S TEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT! (not productive, but something I've thought of before, I'm sure.XD)
You get the gist.XD
5. Plot!
This has to be the most deceiving way to procrastinate, because you can say that it is technically "writing". I do this so much, saying that it's fine...but I'm really just procrastinating.XD

6. Hermit.
What's better than hiding away from your writing? NOTHING!! There's nothing better than moaning and crying in your bed whilst wrapped in a blanket hiding from all civilization. Trust me.

***

Can you relate to any of these? What are the ways that you procrastinate?;) I have to say that YouTube is definitely my main way.XD
-Emma-
HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEWEST ROGUE ONE TRAILER?! I AM DYYYING!
Update on Glazed: I drew the picture a couple days ago, and it should be up hopefully on Saturday.:D

30 comments:

  1. This sums up my writing career!
    (Also, I'm not trying to offend you but I do not like Rhett and Link. I've seen about 3 of them and I personally don't care for them and think they are kind of stupid.)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yep...XD YOU DON'T LIKE RHETTY POP AND LINKY DOO?????O.O S-S-Stupid? *faints*
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. I do all of this way more than I'd like to admit. XD My favorite youtubers from the list would be Studio C, although I just recently started watching Good Mythical Morning. :D (I also watch a ton of Minecraft videos) XD
    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, me too...;D OOH, yes! Studio C is awesome!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. Ooh, also don't forget binge watching your favorite show/movie/series!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! XD XD
    I explore the wookiepedia, after all, it reserch, right? XD
    oooh, glazed? yay!
    Most crazily, ~Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Wookiepedia is super fun!;) IT IS TOTALLY RESEARCH!!!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. I've just spent my morning doing half of these because I don't want to do my creative writing homework!XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! *bursts into laughter* This. Is. Amazingness! I can totally relate! Especially the Pinterest one...I get on to "research" but end up finding some awesome Star Wars pin. XD
    Good luck with NaNo, my friend! *winces* *buries head in pillow* *flails*
    ~Grace <3
    P.S. GAH THERE'S A NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER HOW DO I NOT KNOW THESE THINGS?!?!
    P.P.S. I cannot WAIT for Glazed! And what's your Pinterest account again? I'm not sure if I have friended you or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!XD AGH! I CAN'T DO IT! YES, I CAN! NO, I CANNOT!!! *dies*
      -Emma-
      P.S. YOU GOTTA STAY IN THE KNOW!!XD LOL! It's likely that as long as you follow me, you will!;P
      P.P.S. Yay! I made a comment on one of your pins so that you can find me!:)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I FEEL YA LIKE AGH! *dies with you* *comes back to life to write novel*
      ~Grace <3
      P.S. YES I DO! XD XD XD LOL, yup!
      P.P.S. Great, thanks! I'll go friend ya. ;)

      Delete
    3. *dies and doesn't come back to write my novel*
      -Emma-
      P.P.S. Great!:)

      Delete
  7. Watching videos on YouTube is a great way to procrastinate...and it's great for wasting excessive amounts time. XP
    You like Blimey Cow too!? I'm not sure I knew that! How long have you been watching their videos? What are some of your favorite videos they've done?
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes...I can't wait to get back to it.XD LOL! I don't think I've mentioned it before! I've been watching them for a while now, maybe like six months? I dunno! My favorite videos they've done....? Hmm...I really liked the one about taking the Christ out of Christian! That was hilarious! XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Hehe! Don't watch too much YouTube tomorrow, Emma! XD
      Have you seen all the "You Might Be A Homeschooler" videos? Those are some of my favorites. :)
      ~Christian Homeschooler

      Delete
    3. Oh, trust me. I'm gonna be spending ALLLLL day catching up.XD LOL! I've seen a ton of them, if not all of them! They're really funny!;) Do you follow Jordan Taylor's personal channel, too?:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    4. I bet! XD
      Yes, they are! :)
      Well, I don't technically follow any YouTube channels, because I don't have an account, but I do watch his videos if my siblings are watching them. I really like when he talks to Big Head Kid. ;)
      ~Christian Homeschooler

      Delete
  8. I love Studio C, and Blimey Cow. They are my favorite youtube channels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, I procrastinate using Pinterest all the time. I say I'm looking up reference pictures, or searching for prompts, but everyone knows the truth! :P
    I love Studio C! Their sketches are amazing.
    I saw the Rogue One trailer and it got me WAY more interested than I oriignally was! Im really excited to see it now! (They brought back Darth Vader!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS...I relate.XD Studio C IS amazing! I love them!:)
      Oh, yay! I KNOW!!! I LOVE HIM AND AM SO EXCIIITTTEEED!!!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  10. I do the first three. Actually, that's kind of what I'm doing now. Also, chatting with people about writing advice on the NaNo site, because anything on that site is writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Well, that's a fun way to procrastinate...o.o
      -Emma-

      Delete
  12. Haha! Yes, some of this definitely rings true with me. I love Rhett and Link... especially their OCD song. Lol! ;)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they're awesome! I love that song, too! It's one of my favorites!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  13. I legit do all of those things. Especially the posting. HAVE YOU SEEN MY BLOG?! It's cluttered with writing posts... about writing... while I'm NOT writing... #procrastinator

    Anyway, thought I'd say Hi, and let you know that your drawings are perfection!!!!!!!!! I love the newest Jedi ones, but my fave is the My little Pony. I typically don't like MLP, but DUDE!!!!!! Yours it pure perfection!!!!!

    Allie Taylor // thedepthofmyfaith7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete