Thursday, July 2, 2015

How I Draw Eyes - A Tutorial

Hi everyone!!!:D
Recently, I was asked to make a tutorial for how to draw eyes.:) So here it is-
First things first, the hardest part- the shape. I make two pointed ovals as the eyes. Now it can be tricky to get them the same shape, so I try not to press down too hard, so that if you need to erase the lines, it won't leave permanent marks.:) 
Now, it all depends with what expression you want to give, but I'm making my person have just regular happy eyes, so she's looking straight.:) 
Now I add the shine from the sun. You put the shine in the direction that the sun (or light) is coming from.:) 
And now, you separate the iris from the pupil. The pupil varies in width with how much light it is exposed to. 
What I usually do is I color in their pupil with pencil first, then go back with black colored pencil.:) 
Add the crease above the eye... 
...And eyelashes! 
Eyebrows are very important with what overall impression you want to give. I have trouble doing straight ones, probably because I usually do mad, sad, worried, puzzled faces a lot.;) That's why mine are a little different.XD
***
Well, I hope that this helped you! Remember (It's basically my motto;P) PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! I think I'm going to have to show you my total screw ups!XD Would you like to see those?;P
-Emma-
PS- Would you like a tutorial on different facial expressions or other things?:)
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I have a really hard time with eyes.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Emma! This will help me so much!! Also, I started my blog inspired by your's. It's girljournalism.wordpress.com. I hope that you will check it out!:D
    ~Lainey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!:) Oh, yay! I'll definitely check it out later today!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete