Friday, July 3, 2015

Character Flaws

Hi everyone!
Recently, I finished writing a complete series and now it's time for me to come up with a whole new idea for a story.:) The first thing I'm doing is coming up with a character.
I have heard that giving your MC (Main Character) flaws is a very important thing to do when creating them. Here is a list of things you can use for flaws---
o Stubborn o
o Prideful o
o Easily Angered o
o Negative o
o Gossip o
o Obsessive o
o Rebellious o
o Hurtful o
o Diminutive o
o Overly Sensitive o
o Nosy o
o Moody o
o Greedy o
o Ignorant o
o Insecure o
o Finicky o
o Liar o
o Fake o
o Thief o
o Messy o
o Rash o
o Overly Protective o
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that this helped you come up with a character flaw for your MC.:)
-Emma-
What flaws do your characters have?:)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is helpful. Thank you!
    Hey. Have you heard of storybird.com? If you haven't you would
    LOVE it. It's like a story writing sight, based around their amazing collection of art.
    It's awesomeness!
    -peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it could help you!:D No, I haven't! I'll check it out!:D It sounds cool!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. You should do a post on starting paragraphs for stories. I find that putting characters in the face of a beeping alarm clock or dropping them in te middle of a conflict works best. I usually build off of other people's characters rather than create my own, but a scene of tension, anger, or suspense can really build a character up and tap into their vulnerability and fears. It really opens the character up to a life changing or scary event and helps them keep in touch ith reality. Sorry for the novel.
    ~S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! So, you think I should make a post of paragraph starters?:) Sort of like prompts?
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this, Emma! All these flaws will really help when I'm making characters. The personality of the MC in the story I'm working on now (her name is Sidney Royal) is loyal, brave, stubborn, distrusting. She became distrusting near the end of the story because her best friend was killed by someone she trusted.
    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! That sounds like a cool character! Wow! That will sure make you distrusting!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  4. ohh...neat character flaws are very imortant , because if your character is perfect, people will let her/him less...I wonder can being perfect be a character flaw?

    ReplyDelete