Thursday, August 3, 2017

Updates in the Life of Meeeee!

Hi everyone!
Long time no post, am I right? 
I'm really sorry that I've left all of you hanging for so long, my blogging game has been lacking so hard lately. But it only seems fair that since I've been gone for a couple months with only a silly Truth or Dare post during my hiatus, to give an update post about what's been going on for me!
SO LET'S GET STRAIGHT INTO THIS EXCITING POST THAT WILL CATCH YOU ALL UP. :D

ART!!!
I've been drawing as usual and a lot! Today I actually got new pens, which I'm super excited about! 
Let me show you some of my favorite pieces I've done since I took a break from blogging. :)

One piece of news I've been meaning to share with my blogging friends is (this is probably a reason I don't post as much as I should) is that I now have an art Instagram! I post my art there and this drawing got the most likes out of all of them! If you'd like to follow me, my username is i_emma_artist 

 You all know how obsessed I am with both Star Wars and Keeper of the Lost Cities, so one day I decided to merge the two together and create- JEDI SOPHIE!!!
Also...JACLYNN HAS STARTED READING KEEPER YESSSS!!

I know I have a lot of American Girl doll lovers, and my friend Hershey inspired me to draw on of the AG characters- Maryellen! This is how it turned out. :)

 This drawing is a hard thing to explain...um....unicorn....onesies....with best friends?
Yeah. Um...Yeah. :)

Something I've been interested in trying out more is "stealing" other people's styles of drawing! For this drawing, I decided to borrow Galactibun's style to draw Hershey, Dee, and I! I think this drawing is super adorable, but SOMEONE doesn't like it at all...
*looks at Jaclynn*
*doesn't stop looking at Jaclynn*
*texts Jaclynn creepy soulless smiley faces*
*hides in shadows*

 FRENSHIP!!! This drawing is of all Hershey's siblings (the FRENS) and Jaclynn and I at Disneyland in line for Thunder Mountain! I love how this turned out, it's one of my favorite FREN drawings so far!

 And my current WIP, Loki! I got new pens (as stated earlier) so I am READY to pen him in! YEAH! GET IT! WHOOOO!!!

WRITING!!!
I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WRITE AT ALL LATELY. HELP.
But NaNo is approaching and I have no idea what's gonna happen. HALP. XD

LIFE!!!!
Lots of things happen within a few months, but I'm going to talk mainly about things that I can show pictures for. ;)

HERSHEY CAME DOWN TO CALIFORNIA TO SURPRISE ME AND DEE! It was the best day ever, I was shaking and crying and I JUST NEED HER TO COME BACK. XD

I went to a lake to go boating with my oldest sister and brother-in-law, which I've never done before...AND THEN IT STARTED TO DOWNPOUR ON THE LAKE! It was hilarious and crazy and we were all wet! It was definitely a day to remember. XD
 
Me and my mom have started eating healthy! We are on our third week of eating no gluten, dairy, or sugar! I feel like my skin has started to clear up and I'm less tired now! Plus, I'm exercising more regularly, so I feel pretty good about that all. :) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING HEALTHY. XD XD

Last night my family and I went down to the beach for sunset. It was all hazy, but the sunset was still super pretty! We got wetter than we were expecting. ;)
 
During the month of August my goal is to read as many books as possible! So far I've read one, but I plan to read as much as I can tonight, maybe even get two books done by tomorrow...:)
 
 
FANDOMS!!!My fandom life has been a hot spot lately! I've joined two new fandoms I believe!
The first fandom I've joined is Hamilton!! It's a Broadway musical and OH MY WORD it is so good!! I LOVEEEE! It has a lot of swearing in it, so I recommend if you want to listen to it, go on YouTube and look up the clean versions of the songs where they cut out bad words. IT'S A LIFE SAVERRRR! XD

In return for Jaclynn reading Keeper I would watch Once Upon A Time! I love the series!! It's so awesome, I'm on the second season and I can't wait to watch more! This drawing is of Rumplestiltskin!
 
***
So that's all I really can think of, I hope to post some more, but I'm not totally sure what to post...anything you guys want to see specifically from me? :)
 
-Emma-
What's the latest fandom you've joined?
 
 

34 comments:

  1. Amazing drawings!:)
    And it's awesome to see that you are back!
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Quinley! I'm glad to be back!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. EMMA! YOU'RE BACK! YAAAAAAY! *celebrates*
    All of the drawings in this post are amazing. :O I think my favorite is the unicorn onesies one. XD
    JACLYNN IS READING KEEPER? AT LAST! You'll have to tell me how she likes it. :D
    Okay, I am officially the only blogger I know who has not listened to Hamilton. XD
    I really enjoyed this post! The pictures scattered with art was neat. You should do more posts like these! :)

    -Clara <3
    clara-and-co.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!
      *celebrates with you*
      Aww, thank you! YES! SHE DOESN'T LOVE IT BUT SHE'S NOT VERY FAR INTO IT YET SO THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!
      You should listen to it...like I said...YouTube. Search. *smiles innocently*
      Thanks again, Clara!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. I THINK IM ON CHAPTER 12??? ITS INTERESTING BUT YEAH AS OF RIGHT NOW IM NOT HOOKED YET XD
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
    3. Oh, and, Clara! I haven't listened to Hamilton either! Only hearing Emma burst into Hamilton songs, but that doesn't count. XD
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
    4. LOL! I'm glad there's at least one blogger I know that hasn't listened to it. I AM NOT ALONE! XD

      -Clara <3

      Delete
  3. YOU ABANDONED US

    BUT NOW YOU'RE BACK

    WOO-HOO!

    Ahem.

    Lovely drawings!! Your art skills never cease to impress me.

    The latest fandom I've joined? Hmm...

    well, i've rededicated myself to the hunger games as of late :p my parents were watching the movies and I was like "OH YEAH, i'd loved this fandom!" :p

    You little hamilton fan, you. AND BRAVO, GETTING JACLYNN INTO KEEPER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hyperventilates at the thought of abandoning my blogging friends*
      I'M BACK I'M BACK!!!
      Thank you so much, AA!
      Ooh, I haven't ever read/watched The Hunger Games...XD
      *begins to rap hamilton poorly*
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. WELCOME BACK!
      It was on my library's reading list maybe a year ago and then my dad watched the movies so :p I definitely recommend.
      *sings shiny*

      Delete
  4. yay! keeper forever!!! :D :D :D did you see about the exclusive addition??? I don't have enough money for it. :( *sobs*
    I'm already following your instagram! and oooh, that sunset....
    YOU'RE READING THE MISSING SERIES?? OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I have the first four in hard cover and they are so beautiful I just can't stand it. <3
    Most crazily, ~Olive

    p.s. more glazed! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's sad! Yes! I did see that! I don't think I'll end up getting the special version though...my friend is and I'll likely make her to show it to me. ;)
      Oh yay!
      YEAH! I started it a couple years ago, and I bought the third book but I haven't read it yet cuz I don't really remember everything that happened... XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. ooh, smart!
      :)
      then re-read! it makes things so much better when you remember whats happened. :p
      Most crazily, ~Olive

      Delete
  5. YAYYYYYY EMMA'S BACK!!!! *gasp* YOU LOVE KEEPER TOO!?!?!?!? KEEFE IS BETTER THA FITZ, RIGHT?? (Mya and I have been having words about this... I need more Keefe supporters.) AND STAR WARS!!!! AND THAT DRAWING OF HAMILTON IS AMAZING! (Hamilton is good, I can say that, even if I haven't listened to much of it.) I want to watch OUAT really badly, but my mom's still considering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I LOVE KEEPER.
      HA YOU ASKED THE WRONG PERSON.
      #fitzalltheway
      Even though I like Keefe as well...I've just always liked Fitz more...*nervously laughs*
      Thank you!!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. All these Fitz and Keefe wars are making me curious... I haven't met Keefe yet, but right now I like Fitz. I wonder who will be my fave... O_O
      WATCH OUAT!!! ITS SO GOOD ME LOVES XD There is some not so great content in it, but you skip it. O_O
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
    3. KEEFE IS THE BEST. He is like the ultimate jokester, and he is totally amazing.

      Yeah, I've heard there's some iffy stuff. O_o Oh well. Maybe I can convince her to le me watch one soon.

      Delete
    4. KEEFE IS SO AMAZING I LOVE HIM.
      (but sophitz forever!)
      star waaaaaaaaaaars! <3
      Most crazily, ~Olive

      Delete
    5. Wow all of these different opinions about who's better is hilarious! XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  6. HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO IN THE TRENCH---
    *refrains from writing out whole songs from Hamilton*
    Thank you so much!! I love drawing Lin/Alexander, it's so fun! :D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sketch of Loki! I can't wait to see it once it's finished. :D

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it, so I'll have to post it sometime! ;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, Emma!! *applause* I LOVE all those drawings! And, I'll be sure to follow you on Instagram. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely drawings! My favorite is the Jedi Sophie one. :D
    Oooh, latest fandom that I've joined? Definitely Merlin!! I haven't seen many episodes yet, but I LOVE IT!!!!
    Can't wait to see more posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *reads your comment* *only sees the word Merlin*
      MERLIN!!!! YOU'RE WATCHING MERLIN!???!?!! OH MY GOODNESS YAYY!!! IT'S SO GOODD!!!! O0O
      *dies* *comes back to life* *dies again*
      -Emma-

      Delete
  10. I love your art style so much. I really love your Maryellen. I keep meaning to draw Ellie and Kaya again, but I haven't drawn much recently.
    THAT'S THE BEST SURPRISE!! I bet it was amazing.
    Pretty sunset! *Jaw drops again at drawings*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! Ooh, you should definitely draw them! :)
      IT WAS SO AMAZING! I DIED!! XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  11. OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!! i love your drawing for uma!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work:))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOUR BACK,YOUR BACK!!!*screams* i LOVE your drawing of uma and your unicorn drawing!! keep up the good work:))

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOUR BACK,YOUR BACK!!!*screams* i LOVE your drawing of uma and your unicorn drawing!! keep up the good work:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY SHE'S ALIVE WHEW I WAS WORRIED ABT YOU

    888/8 ART AS USUAL

    GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE ALIVE AND WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW I DID NOT MEAN TO MAKE PEOPLE WORRIED!! XD I AM ALIVEEE!

      THANK YOUUU!
      -Emma-

      Delete