Monday, September 12, 2016

NaNoWriMo Prep! *screaming*

EVERYONE!
NANO IS COMING AND I'M SO EXCITED AND SCARED AND---
*hyperventilates and dies*
*comes back to life as a ghost to finish this post*
So, yeah. I'm so excited and nervous! It's gonna be a huge challenge to write 50k in only a month (plus it's one of the busiest months of the year for me. *more ghost screaming*), but I am so ready!
Actually, no, I'm not.
I have to get ready, which I am doing right now! (I also may or may not be trying to possibly finish my current WIP before NaNo... *hysterical laughing and crying*)
Here's my NaNo prep plan...
My cool set up.XD
(my amazing new writing journal. I just can't)
1. Write my plot completely down.
Now that I have the idea and have fleshed it out a bit, it's time to write down the plot. No outlining because that's terrible, I can tell.XD I want to get it all written down, before I move onto other steps, but I have been doing some jumping around with these steps, that's for sure.;P
 
2. Fill out some character development sheets and such.
Once I have the plot, I'm gonna get to know my characters some more, but unfortunately, I have already done lots of this, and my story is still not completely written down. Oh, I'm so bad!XD
 
3. Drink lots of liquids and snacks as I try to fill in all the plot holes I can see.
Lots of crying and screaming will be in this step... BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS IN MY STORY ALREADY THAT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ANSWER.
*shudders*
*cries*
*hides*
*dies again*
LOL!XD
 
4. Write everything onto my plot boards.
I have only put the title (which I don't know if it's staying or not, who knows.;)) on the board so far, because I'm still not sure if everything I've written for my plot will work out yet. So, the plot board awaits!;)
 
5. DRAW ALL OF THE CHARACTERS!
LOL! This step, as you can see, has already started... This is the ruler of my city in the book. His name is Bannan, at least that's his name for now.;) I've also started a drawing of my two main characters, WHICH I HOPE IS GONNA TURN OUT SUPER COOL! LOL! I'll have to show y'all once I finish it...
 
And after all of these steps are done to completion, I will wait with bated breath as November approaches. I will wish that it would come sooner, but also wish it would stay away forever.XD Then it'll come, and I'll freak out.XD
-Emma-
So, tell me...are you doing NaNo this year? Do you have any plans for your story? Have you started plotting yet? :)

26 comments:

  1. oh wow. XD
    I'm not doing NaNo, mostly because I keep hearing about it, but still have no clue what it is. XD
    Most crazily, ~Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Let me tell you all about it then...NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month, so it's the month where tons of writers try to write (generally) a 50k book within that month. It's hectic, crazy, and I'm hoping fun.;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. oooooh. cool! :D
      Most crazily, ~Olive

      Delete
  2. Ah, you're a planner. I'm still on the YWP, and I'm shooting for 25k. 0o0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm not usually! I tend to come up with an idea then start writing immediately, but I thought actually planning it all would be a good idea since NaNo is crazy and I don't want to have to figure out a ton of stuff as I go.;) Ooh, good luck with that!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'd do 50k, but I have a lot going on. :(

      I'm writing about my great-grandfather. Then my dad has a story he's BEGGING me to write about motorcyclists. *facepalm* XD. Looks like I know what I'll be doing in CampNaNo!

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, I get that. I'm worried I'll be too busy to finish the 50k.;P
      Oh, that's cool! LOL!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. Ooh, you're so organized. Literally all the prep work I do for my writing is thinking things up when I'm in bed and I should be sleeping.
    Exciting thing about NaNo this year-my school's writing club does NaNo together and from what I hear, it really encourages you to finish your novel!
    Happy Writing,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, HA! Then I have fooled you. Good... good.XD (I'm seriously not very organized about anything in my life. XD)
      Oh! That is such an important step though. My thoughts won't leave me alone when I try to go to bed, and I get such good ideas, even though I pretty much never fall asleep because of it.XD
      Oh wow! That is so cool! So, you're doing NaNo this year??:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. That's awesome!! Do you know what you're writing yet?:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  4. I love that notebook! Where is it from? I will be participating in NaNo this year. I just don't know what I'm writing yet. I'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think my mom got it from Staples! Oh yay! I wish you luck on finding something to write about!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. your story looks amazing , I can't wait to read it when your done

    ReplyDelete
  6. That writing journal is so cute! I'm sure you'll get the plot figured out! Ohh that's a super smart idea, I've never thought of a book story board...need to try that. I read Batman instead of Bannan at first LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amelia! You should!:) LOL! Oh my gosh! Yes, my ruler is Batman.XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous! You're actually neat and tidy and organized and stuff. My Nano planning is no where near as nice looking as that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not usually! NaNo is special because I want to not be planless for when it strikes!;)
      Thank you for commenting!
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. omg you are SO ORGANIZED. I need to do this. The plot boards are making me geek out because it looks so awesome. XD GOOD LUCK WITH NANO. WE CAN SURVIVE THIS.

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MWAHAHA! Mission accomplished, people are thinking I'm organized!;)
      Right? I can't wait to start filling it out!:D YES, WE CAN!!! (I hope) XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  9. How did I miss this amazingness post?!?! LOVED this, Emma! I am SOOO nervous for NaNoWriMo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you so much, Grace! Agh! Me, too! I'm gonna have to write 1,666 words-ish a day to make it to my goal!!!! I'LL NEVER MAKE IT!! *crying*
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! XD *pumps fist* *chants* WE CAN DO DIS!

      Delete