Monday, August 15, 2016

Tea and Writing - August Edition

Hi everyone!:D
I know I didn't do this last month, but time ran out.;P
Idea credit to the fabulous Kathryn from In the Depths of Dreams.
As of late, I haven't been drinking much tea since it's been, oh, I don't know OVER 100 DEGREES! UGH!!! I'm so ready for cold weather. Please.XD And lately I've been doing lots of drawing, but I thought I'd feature something different.;) 

What I've Been Drinking-
Well Rested herbal tea. The last few nights I haven't been getting to sleep too well- I'll fall asleep, then around 3 am, I'll wake up and will have a hard time going to sleep again. So, this tea is good for me.:) I took it last night, and I slept through the whole night!:D
What I've Been Writing-
Same old, same old. My Star Wars fan fic of sorts.;) I haven't been writing a ton, but today on Go Teen Writers they started doing their Word Wars, which are so fun! Practically, they're when you write with other people (over the Internet) for an amount of time, then you share with them how many words you wrote. It's really fun, and I find it's one of my favorite ways to write! If you want to join the writing fun, click the link above and join a word war! I'm always looking to join a war, so it's likely that if you start one in the late afternoon/evening, I'll join!;D
***
I hope you liked reading this post!:D
-Emma-
What's your favorite way of writing? For example- long writing days, short bursts like word wars, specified days where you write for an allotted amount of time, etc.

14 comments:

  1. I like short snippy bursts of amazing inspiration. Preferably when I am either sleep deprived or sick. XD not really that is just how it happens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, me, too, although not when I'm sick!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. I should try out a word war! They sound like fun :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! That tea looks good, and I love that mug. ;)
    Your story sounds so cool! Will you be posting it on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mmm, I'm not sure yet. It's a really long story so far and I think it's gonna be a short book length, so I don't know if people would be that interested in reading such a long thing on my blog!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Either way, I'd love to read it. :)

      Delete
  4. Emma, would you KDP your Star Wars fanfic? a friend of mine once published her MLP fanfic on KDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's KDPing?;) I might once it's finished and edited and stuff!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Oh...I don't know if I feel ready enough to do any sort of real publishing with my stories- even if they were all edited and stuff...O.o
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. Nice post, Emma! That Jabba mug is hilarious. XD And the TJ's Well Rested tea is amazing. As for my favorite way to write...I just sort of wait for inspiration to come to me, and then marathon it until my brain needs to recharge. For instance, last night a poem came to me while I was in bed, and I had to pull out my phone and finish it despite it being 11:30. ;D
    Oh, the life of a writer is always interesting...
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn!:) Oh, wow! I wait for inspiration to strike, too, most of the time!;) LOL! I know how that is!;)
      Definitely!
      -Emma-

      Delete