Saturday, August 20, 2016

My Book Blurb!!!

(If you would like to know more about my current WIP, please scroll onwards. XD)
Hi everyone!
Last night, Jaclynn and I stayed up and wrote our very first (or at least my very first) BOOK BLURBS! If you are confused as to what a book blurb is, it's basically what you read on the back of a book to learn what the book is about.;D
So...
Here's mine-
(Disclaimer, I am still not sure about some details with this blurb, so this is what I have for now. I'm sure it'll change somewhat as I go through editing and rewriting.:D)
 
A vengeful Sith is on the trail of the Jedi, and only a secret base will be able to save them.
A young Jedi, Jimja Tepom, has been given the mission of finding a secret base for the Jedi to hide from the powerful Sith, Darth Atticus. Eager to succeed in this important task, Jimja is infuriated when her ship is shot down to the planet Endor, but, pursued by bounty hunters and the Sith himself, there's not much she can do. On the planet, she meets a mechanic, Rusem Caana, who promises to help her to the base that Jimja has found.
 

There's just one problem.
Rusem believes that Jimja knows the location of her parents, who were presumed dead, and will lead her there after the mission is over. Desperate and running out of time, Jimja goes along with the agreement, even though she has no idea where Rusem's parents are.
As the journey becomes more complicated than Jimja had anticipated, she becomes close friends with Rusem, even taking her on as her Padawan. But while the lie is being stretched out, and Rusem is overwhelmed by guilt and fear, Jimja is more than desperate to keep Rusem on the Light Side, even as the Dark Side looms closer.
 
 

***
So, I hope you liked the blurb, I'm still not sure what the name of the book is yet, here are some ideas Jaclynn and I came up with. If you want, you could vote on which one you like best.:)
The Seclusion of the Jedi
The Overcoming Darkness
Drowning in Darkness
The Overthrown Jedi
 
My favorite is probably The Seclusion of the Jedi or Drowning in Darkness. But my REAL favorite is---
The Hidden Darkness
 
Which wouldn't necessarily work for Darth Atticus...sigh....But maybe I could hint toward the hidden darkness inside Rusem...Hm, possibilities...XD
-Emma-
Have you ever written a book blurb? If not, do you want to?:)
P.S. Jaclynn posted her book blurb on her blog, so check out the link I put in her name earlier and read it!;)

24 comments:

  1. SO COOL! If this book is ever published, or printed, or posted ANYWHERE, you must tell me!!! :D

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lizzy! I will make sure to!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! That means a lot!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. My pleasure. :)
      ~Grace <3
      P.S. I'm not sure how following a blog with WordPress works (like, if Blogger notifies you when I add your blog to my WordPress reader), but I wanted to let you know that I removed your blog from my WordPress reader since I'm following your blog with Blogger. I'm still following both blogs (WADD and DTW) with Blogger and I'll get notified each time you post. :D

      Just thought I'd let you know in case WordPress notified you that I wasn't following your blog anymore. I still am!

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's fine! Wordpress doesn't tell me so- I never knew you were following twice!;) Thanks for telling me though!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. It sounds awesome! Writing book blurbs are so hard. x.x So it's some sort of Star Wars fanfiction? That's cool. ^.^

    I like "The Overthrown Jedi." :D

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie!:D I know!! I sat down and was like- WHY IS THIS SO HARD? I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE EASY!XD LOL! Yeah, it is! I'm having lots of fun with it!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  4. I've never written my own book blurb, and it been any good.

    NO ASK ME FOR HELP WITH TITLES. I CAN'T EVEN TITLE ANY OF MY OWN (well, I did title that one...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well, maybe you should read some posts about how to do it successfully! That's what really helped mine be any good! Katie Grace has a great post about it somewhere on her blog, you should check it out! She has her link to the blog in the comment above!;)
      LOL! It's okay, AA! I won't!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. Ooh! That is a good idea!
      (I think mostly my problem is, that I look at my novels and go: Girl. Cat. Magic. Pain. That is my book.)

      LOL! Good! I think the way a sith lord would torture me would be to force me to come up with epic titles...

      Delete
    3. Yeah!:D LOL! I know the feeling!;)
      Well, that's good to know....ouo
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh I love book blurbs! I actually guest posted a while back on Katie's blog (here's the link if you're interested! http://awritersfaith.blogspot.com/2016/04/why-you-should-write-book-blurb-and_16.html) about how to write one. I used to hate them with a passion, but once I sat down and actually dissected what a blurb was and how they were put together, I was able to write one I like and have been in love with/passionate about them ever since! If you check out the "what I'm writing" page on my blog, you can read my blurb. It's been updated since my guest post to fit the most recent version of the story!

    I really like your blurb! Since it's a fan fiction, what are your plans for it? Also, I LOVE THE TITLE DROWNING IN DARKNESS OKAY IT'S SO COOL ASDFJHAWELKJFHAWEKJF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I never noticed that it was you who made that post! I loved that one, it was what got me inspired to write my own!:D It helped me so much!
      My plans...well...I'm writing it with all my own characters, but I guess I'm just borrowing the world George Lucas created. LOL! It's hard though, because I have to make sure that everything is in accordance to how the galaxy was created and stuff, so there's lots of information I have to get.;) I don't know if that answered your question (I have a really hard time reading questions the right way- half the time I ask my friend to tell me what they mean LOL), but if I didn't (sorry), you could specify! LOL! Thanks! I really like it, too!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  6. Great book blurb! I like Drowning In Darkness, too!
    *runs up to Emma and taps her*Tag!:-) I have just tagged you for Text Tag! Check it out at my blog! (Sorry, the link is SUPER long so I decided to just tell you.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma!;) Oh, okay! Thank you!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  7. eeeek! don't-you-dare-make-Rusem-go-evil-or-I-won't-read-it! XD
    most crazily, ~Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....
      I guess you'll just have to wait and find out....LOLOL!XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. Lol! That picture you drew is so funny....and I love Ever by Gail Carson Levine. It's one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you meant to put this on my post about being without electronics...but, thank you anyway!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  9. this sounds so cool, I can't wait to read it!:)

    ReplyDelete