Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Glazed Part Nineteen

Hi everyone!:)
The next part of Glazed, YAY! I finally did the sketchbook searching for this picture, because I knew I had a drawing pre-made for this part, I just didn't know where. LOL! But I found it and now I present to you, Part Nineteen...
*lights go down*
 
.
Jaclynn greeted a man and a woman as they came near to her.
“Congratulations, Your Majesty!” the woman said.
“Thank you,” Jaclynn replied stiffly. A fast movement in the corner of her eye got her attention, and she turned to see Emma and a man wearing a red, white, and tan suit approach her.
“Dee! Uh, I mean Queen. Me again. May I present to you- Prince Cedric of the Pastry Isles.”
“Your Majesty,” he greeted with a bow.
“I would like to introduce you to my fiance! We are going to get married!” Jaclynn took a step back.
“Marriage? Fiance?” she asked incredulously.
“Yes!” Emma giggled.
“Um, I'm sorry. I'm confused. How do you know Prince Cedric?”
“We met today and we fell in love and he just proposed, well, we haven't worked out all of the details yet, of course- Oh, wait. Would we live at my castle?”
“Absolutely!”
“Woah, woah, Emma!” Jaclynn exclaimed, waving her hands.
“Oh! We can invite all twelve of your brothers to come to my castle! Of course I have the room!”
Wait. Slow down! You really shouldn't-” Jaclynn's eyes flicked to Cedric and she took a breath.
“Can I please talk to you? Alone.”
“No, anything you have to say to me, you can say to the both of us,” Emma frowned as she hooked her arm around Cedric's.
“Fine,” Jaclynn took a deep breath, “You can't marry a man you just met.”
“You can if it's true love!” Emma justified.
“What do you know about this man, what do you even know about true love?” Jaclynn asked.
“More than you! All you know is how to shut people out, and not just strangers but your best friend!” Emma scowled. Jaclynn sucked in a breath. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes and she gritted her teeth.
“You can't marry him, you don't even know him. It's not wise, that is all I'm saying. Now if you will excuse me,” Jaclynn began to walk away.
“You aren't the boss of me! You may be the queen, but you can't make me not marry him! I can marry him, and I will!”
Jaclynn scowled, “I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying that you are being immature with this permanent decision that will affect not just your life, but the lives of your people!”
“Your Majesty, if I may-” Cedric started but Jaclynn cut him off.
“No, you may not. And I think that the party is over. Tell everyone to leave, then close the gates,” Jaclynn told a servant. He nodded and walked away.
“What? Dee, no! No, wait!” Emma grabbed her wrist but Jaclynn yanked away, and her glove was torn off. She snatched at the glove but Emma held it firmly.
“Give me my glove!” she demanded.
“Dee, please listen! I don't want to see you live like this anymore!” Emma pleaded.
“Then don't come back next year!” she snapped. Jaclynn turned back to the door and Emma stood in shock.
“What did I ever do to you?” Emma questioned, stepping towards her. People began to notice the escalating argument and within moments, they had an audience.
“Enough, Emma.”
“No! Why? Why do you shut me out? Why do you shut everyone out? What are you so afraid of?” Emma yelled. Jaclynn squeezed her fists shut and clenched her jaw.
“I SAID ENOUGH!” Jaclynn screamed and whizzed to face her. She swiped her bare hand out and a spray of wild, spiked sprinkles grew from the floor toward the people who watched. Everyone gasped and took a step back, clutching the people around them, afraid. Emma heard the Duke murmur something about sorcery.
 
“Jaclynn?” Emma whispered, her eyes wide in fear. Panicked, Jaclynn pressed herself against the door, her hand feeling for the donut knobs. Her fingers grasped the knob and she burst through the halls, her shoes clinking on the floor. She had to get out of there. She had to escape. She raced to the courtyard, her mind spinning. She thrust the doors opened and a huge crowd of dessert people greeted her there. Hearing guards yelling behind her, she ran out into the courtyard, trying to find a way through the cheering crowd, then bumped into a peasant woman.
“Your Majesty? Are you alright?” she asked, concerned. Jaclynn shook her head and stepped away from her.
“No,” she muttered as she continued to back away. Her back hit the fountain wall and she threw her hands behind her to steady herself. Her hand hit the wall and hard, cold glaze shot out over the fountain, hardening the water and giving it a milky fog inside the jagged spikes. Everyone gasped and scrambled away from her, just like how they did in the ball room.
“There she is! Get her!” The Duke screeched as he appeared in the entrance of the door accompanied by fierce looking soldiers. Jaclynn's heart pounded uncontrollably as fear, dread, and stress grabbed hold of her.
“Please, just stay away from me, stay away!” Jaclynn lifted her hands in defense and spikes of glaze tore out of her hands and towards the Duke and the guards. The Duke slipped on the glaze and fell onto his back.
“Monster! MONSTER!” he bellowed. Jaclynn gazed down at her trembling hands and she felt her stomach weave itself into knots.
She really was a monster.
Jaclynn squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, then sprinted out of the courtyard, through the gates, and down to the fjord in a desperate escape from the kingdom.
***
Suspense! LOL! I hope you liked this part, I hope to have the next part up next week.:) My plan is to have at least one part up every week.:D
-Emma-

30 comments:

  1. OoooOOooooOOOh! XD I NEED (AND WANT) MORE!! *dies* XD

    -Clara <3
    P.S: The Lodestar cover comes out TOMORROW!!!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yay! I'm glad you like it!:D
      -Emma-
      P.S. UGH I KNOW, COME FASTER TOMORROW.XD Who are you guessing will be on the cover? I am hoping Fitz will be on it, but I also think Dex might be on the cover, since he's only been on the first one.:) Oh, didn't you say you hoped for Silveny's baby to be on it?:D

      Delete
    2. COME ON MARCH 2, THE DAY OF DOOM!!! XD
      Hmm.... I'm actually hoping Keefe will be on the cover, so then at least we know he's alive... :(
      Yes! I REALLY hope we get to see a little baby alicorn! :D

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I love Keefe, but I actually hope he's not on the cover since he was on the last one and we have only seen Dex and Fitz once before. It'd be kind of unfair if Keefe got THREE covers! LOL! I really don't think Shannon Messenger will kill him, since she is obviously super in love with Keefe.;) But one can never be too sure with her after what she did to us in Neverseen....-.-
      -Emma-

      Delete
    4. True! :D Yep, she pours all of her sarcasm into his character. XD I know!! I keep telling myself that Keefe actually just has an elaborate plan, and he didn't betray Sophie....

      Delete
    5. Ugh, I hope so, yet I really like the drama it adds - as a writer. As a reader- UGHHHHH!!! AHHH!!!!*cries* *gasps for breath*
      -Emma-

      Delete
    6. I KNOW!! IT IS TORTURE!!!
      I often look at books from two different perspectives... a writer and a reader. XD

      Delete
    7. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! EEE! OOOH!

      https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rwr46nPG5dY/VtPl1xXKHJI/AAAAAAAAFc8/kLB1dxEiUw4/s640/Keepers5_jktREV.jpg

      Delete
    8. AGH THE BEAUTIFULNESS!!!! My sister came rushing into my room so we could see the cover together! LOL! FITZZZZZZZ!!! SOPHIE!!!!!XD IM IN LOVE!!!XD
      -Emma-
      P.S. No alicorn baby though. But it's still amazzing.....OoO

      Delete
    9. I KNOW IT IS SO AMAZING!!! O_O XD
      LOL! I know, I love it! And WHAT is that lightning stuff?!?! O_O

      -Clara <3

      P.S: Yes.. *sniff* XD But the amazingness of the other characters makes up for it!! :D

      Delete
    10. CLARA. WHAT IF THE PERSON IN THE CLOAK IS KEEFE? I CAN'T HANDLE THAT.
      -Emma-

      Delete
    11. AGH. I KNOW. PLEASE, SHANNON MESSENGER, HAVE MERCY. XD

      Delete
    12. I KNOW! I wonder if The Black Swan triggered another ability in Sophie, that somehow she can share with others?XD
      -Emma-

      Delete
    13. Ooh! Maybe! Shannon Messenger said on Goodreads that she may be revealing some new abilities in Lodestar... hmmm.... :D

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    14. I'm just so excited!!:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    15. I know! And we have to wait until NOVEMBER! :O :O :O :O

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    16. EMMA! SHANNON MESSENGER SAID A MINOR SPOILER. On the cover, Fitz and Tam are in a force field!! :O The cloaked figure is probably that guy from the Neverseen that makes force fields!! :O :O :O :O

      -Clara <3

      Delete
    17. OH! OH! OH!! THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! It looked like lightning, yet it didn't! I WONDER IF KEEFE IS WITH THAT GUY?!O.O
      -Emma-

      Delete
    18. YES! :D
      OH. AH. NO.

      Delete
    19. I kind of, sort of, not really but do, want Keefe to be there, since it would be so amazingly sad and emotional. But I do know that there will have to be some of them seeing him in the book! I hope!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    20. Yes.. that's true.. it would be SO sad, but at least we'd be able to see him! :( :O :0

      Delete
  2. Great job! I can't wait to see the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Great job!
      Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, i fyou would like to do it. :)
      ~Emily
      http://apurposeandapromise.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-liebster-award.html

      Delete
  4. Loved it!!!

    ~Ms. AGdoll~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I though you might want to know about the awesome writing challenge that Misty is doing. :) Here's a link:

    https://mistycreativewriting.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/cwws-first-year-blogoversary-exciting-announcement/

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete